- Ethnicity - Awadhi, North Indian
- Type of meal - Party, Lunch, Dinner
- 3 Cups full cream milk (Whole milk)
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup rice
- 1/2 cup condensed milk
- 2 tbsp. golden raisins (Kishmish)
- Small Piece of nutmeg, powdered
- 15-10 almonds, blanced and silvered
- 4 Green Cardamoms (Chotti elaichi), powdered
- 1/2 tsp. saffron threads, soaked in little warm milk
- Wash and soak rice in 1/2 cup of water for 1 hour. Cook the rice in the same water until the rice is fully cooked and water has dried up.
- To the cooked rice add milk. when the milk starts boiling, simmer and leave the kheer to cook till the milk starts thickening, stirring occassionally. Mash the rice a liitle, add Sugar and condensed milk.
- Add Raisins, almonds and saffron. Boil the mixture one more time. Remove from flame, add cardamom powder and nutmeg powder.
- Keep aside. Allow to cool and then referigerate. Serve well chilled.
- Note : Left over boiled rice can be used in place of uncooked rice. But make sure the leftover rice should not have salt in it.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.