Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: Diabetic Living Diet
- Cook Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 25 minutes
- Servings: 4
- 4 medium chicken breast
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp lime peel
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- ¼ tsp ginger, ground
- ⅛ tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 orange
- Rinse chicken; pat dry with paper towels.
- In a large skillet cook chicken and garlic in butter or margarine over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink, turning chicken once and stirring garlic occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine lime peel, lime juice, ginger, and pepper; set aside.
- Peel orange.
- Reserving juice, cut orange in half lengthwise, then cut crosswise into slices.
- Add any reserved orange juice and the lime juice mixture to skillet.
- Place the orange slices on top of chicken.
- Cover and cook for 1 to 2 minutes more or until heated through.
- To serve, spoon any reserved drippings over chicken.
- If desired, serve with cooked rice and garnish with lime wedges.
Nutritional information Edit
- 167 Calories | 6g Total Fat | 3g Saturated Fat | 84mg Sodium | 5g Carbs | 67mg Cholesterol | 22g Protein
- Exchanges: ½ fruit | 3 lean meat | ½ fat
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.