- ¾ cup of khabeesa (farina or "cream of wheat")
- 5 cups of milk
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cardamom
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of rose water
- ½ teaspoon of saffron powder or one big pinch of saffron threads
- Combine all of the ingredients in a sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to the lowest level and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve warm in individual bowls or on small desert plates.
- Drizzle with butter, if desired.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.