- 1 cup rice
- 1 cup urad dal
- 1 cup yellow moong dal
- 3 cups sour buttermilk
- 2 green chillies crushed fine
- ¼ tsp ginger grated fine
- ½ tsp soda bicarb
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 – 3 pinches red chilli powder
- ½ tbsp coriander finely chopped
- salt to taste
- Mix the rice and urad dal, wash, drain and dry on a clean cloth for a few hours.
- The grain should be completely grind to a coarse flour in dry grinder or at the flour mill.
- This flour should be like very fine soji in texture.
- Store in airtight container and use as required.
- Will keep good upto 2 months.
- Take 1 cup flour (above rice and urad dal mixture) in a bowl.
- Add buttermilk, and mix well.
- Keep aside for 4–5 hours.
- Dissolve soda bicarb in the oil.
- Add to batter.
- Mix all ingredients except red chilli powder and coriander.
- Pour immediately in a 6" diameter greased plate.
- Steam over water either in a cooker or steamer.
- Pierce knife, and check, should come out clean if done.
- Sprinkle the chilli powder and coriander, steam again for 2–3 minutes.
- Cut into squares or diamonds and serve hot with coconut chutney.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.