Georgian beef soup
- 500 g brisket
- 2 onions
- 2 or 3 [cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp tomato purée or 100 g tomatoes
- a cupful rice
- a cupful tart plums
- salt, pepper
- butter or drippings
- chopped kindza (coriander)
- parsley or dill
- Wash and cut the meat so as to have 3 or 4 pieces per plate.
- Cover with cold water, bring to boil and skim.
- Simmer for 2 hours, add finely sliced onion, crushed garlic, rice and plums.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer for 25 minutes.
- Saute tomatoes or tomato puree in butter or drippings.
- Add to the kharcho and cook for another 5 to 10 minutes.
- Serve sprinkled with chopped coriander, parsley or dill.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.