Homemade Uzbek Sausage
- 200g (18 oz) mutton
- sheep's intestines
- 200 g (7 oz) lungs
- 1 spleen
- 1 kidney
- 100 g (3½ oz) mutton fat
- 5 onions
- 200 g or 1 cup rice
- ½ cup water
- black pepper, cumin
- For the stuffing, finely dice mutton, fat, spleen, kidney and onions or put through a meat-grinder.
- Soak rice in ½ cup water.
- Add salt and pepper, combine with meat mixture and mix well.
- Clean intestines in cold water, rub in salt, and rinse.
- Repeat the process 2-3 times.
- Tie one end of intestines with a thread and hold open end with funnel inserted.
- Fill entire length of intestines with stuffing, and tie end, leaving a little space for expansion of the filling while cooking.
- Put in cold water and boil for 30 minutes.
- Cut into slices and serve either hot or cold.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.