- 2 lb eggplant
- ½ cup seedless tamarind
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground red chilli
- 2 tbsp finely chopped onion
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground garlic
- ¾ cup cooking oil
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp panchforan
- 2 bay leaves
- Choose a pan in which 2 or 3 layers of eggplants can be arranged afterwards.
- Keep it in the refrigerator for few hours and then serve.
- It can be made early.
- Heat rest of the oil in that pan.
- Add panchforan, bayleaf, and rest of the spices except sugar and tamarind.
- Add ½ cup of water and stir until oil separates.
- Add 2 cups of water, tamarind and sugar and arrange eggplant slices.
- Cover and cook for about one hour.
- Remove from heat when gravy is thick and is separated.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.