- Kids Food for Fun by the South Carolina Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (10¾ ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 (10½ ounce) can condensed chicken and rice soup
- ½ cup water
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 egg
- ⅛ cup milk
- 2 slices bread
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Saute green pepper and onion for 5 minutes, or until tender.
- Stir in the tomato soup, chicken and rice soup and the water and bring to boil. Reduce heat to low and allow to simmer.
- Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, combine the ground beef, egg and milk.
- Break the bread into very small pieces and add to the bowl. Mix together well.
- Shape the meat mixture into meatballs and drop them into the soup mixture.
- Continue to simmer over low heat, uncovered, for 45 to 60 minutes. Stir occasionally, but be very careful not to break the meatballs.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.