In Romanian: Rinichi cu smantana
- 1 beef or 2 veal or pork kidneys (approx 1¼ lbs / 600 g)
- 1 small onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 level teaspoon flour
- ½ cup meat broth
- Remove the outer membranes from the kidney, split in half lengthwise, remove all fatty tissues inside, slice thinly and set to boil starting with cold water.
- After coming to a boil, drain and wash well with tepid water.
- Fry the onion with the butter until yellow, add flour, mix, then add meat broth.
- To this sauce, add sour cream, salt and kidney pieces.
- Simmer until the kidneys are done.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.