- Makes 1
- 3 tablespoons soft butter
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1¼ cups flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 egg whites
- 1½ cups cherries — cooked and pitted
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Beat in the egg yolks.
- Sift together 3 times the flour, salt and baking powder.
- Add flour alternately with the milk to the creamed mixture, beating after each addition.
- Add the vanilla.
- Beat egg whites stiff and fold in.
- Drain the cherries.
- Place them in a buttered spring-form cake pan.
- Pour the batter over them.
- Swish the batter with a fork to distribute cherries through the cake.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes in a preheated 375ºF oven.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.