- 3 cloves of garlic finely chopped.
- 3 Table spoons of flour.
- 3 medium onions chopped for frying.
- 1 litres chicken stock
- 450 grams thick set yogurt.
- 1 1/2 oz butter or Samna.
- 2 tablespoons of veg. oil for frying the onions.
- fry the onions until brown, but not burnt and keep separate
- gently cook the garlic in the butter on a slow heat for a minute or so without browning it.
- add the flour and blend to a past
- add the yogurt one or two spoons at a time and blend gently (you may have to increase the heat a little) until all the yogurt is mixed. at this stage I had to use an egg whisk to beat the lumps out).
- add a little of the chicken stock and all of the onions (you can keep some for garnish if you want)
- keep stirring and add the rest of the stock
- simmer for about 5 mins. and stir occasionally
- add salt and pepper and simmer for 5 or so more mins. (if it gets too thick add more stock or a little water).
- turn heat off an let it rest for 5 mins. or so (if you can wait that long)
- bil hana wil shefa
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.