- 2 large russet baking potatoes, scrubbed
- 2 Tbsp butter
- ¼ cup sour cream or plain yogurt
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp Freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup grated jack cheese or grated Cheddar-jack cheese
- ½ cup chopped chives
- 1 ripe Hass avocado, peeled, seeded, cut in chunks
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Bake whole potatoes in preheated 450-degree oven for one hour; remove potatoes and reduce oven temperature to 350 °F.
- Let potatoes rest for 5 minutes, then cut in half lengthwise and scoop out potato flesh into large bowl. Reserve potato jackets.
- Add butter, sour cream, milk, salt, pepper, and cheese to potato in bowl, and whip until creamy with electric hand mixer.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with additional salt and pepper.
- Gently stir in chives and avocado pieces. Spoon mixture into halved potato jackets, and bake in 350 °F oven for 20 minutes.
- Top each with heaping spoonful of guacamole to serve.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.