- 40 g butter
- 3 tbsp syrup
- 150 g oats
- 25 g chopped dates
- 125 g peanuts
- 5 large bananas
- 2 tbsp double cream
- special "vlaai" baking tin
- Melt 25 g butter and the syrup on a low heat.
- Mix the oats and dates in a bowl.
- Pour in the butter and syrup mix and mix thoroughly with a metal spoon.
- Use the remaining 15 g butter to grease the baking tin.
- Press the mixture firmly into the baking tin.
- Put it in a plastic bag and put in the fridge to set for about 5 hours or overnight.
- Chop the peanuts, peel 4 bananas.
- Slice and put in a bowl, and mash with a fork.
- Add the cream and half of the chopped peanuts.
- Mix well with the fork.
- Take the base out of the tin and fill with the mixture.
- Smooth the surface and garnish with the last banana and chopped peanuts.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.