- 200 g rice
- 1 litre milk
- a "pinch" of salt
- 120 g butter
- 80 g caster sugar
- grated lemon rind
- 4 egg yolks
- sultanas (raisins)
- whites from 4 eggs
- Wash rice and place in a saucepan in which milk has slowly boiled.
- Cook until rice has absorbed all milk.
- Let cool.
- Cream butter, sugar, yolks until creamy.
- Add lemon rind and salt to taste.
- Beat egg whites.
- Mix cooked rice into creamed butter, add sultanas and fold in egg whites.
- Put the mixture into a casserole dish greased with butter and sprinkled with breadcrumbs (if desired).
- Bake for approximately 40 minutes in slow oven (160 – 180°C).
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.