Source: Information Office of the Royal Embassy of Saudi Arabia), Spring 1995
- 1 lb beef
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 3 tsp rice
- ¼ bunch finely chopped parsley
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh mint
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1½ cup oil for frying
- Wash the rice and add to the meat with the parsley, onion, mint, spices and salt.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Take a small piece of the mixture and roll into a ball between wet palms; place in a pan.
- Continue until all the mixture is used.
- Pour half a cup of warm water over the koftas, cover the pan and cook over low heat until the rice is soft.
- Remove from heat and leave aside until cool.
- Mix the eggs with the flour, baking powder, a pinch of salt and half a cup of warm water.
- Mix to a batter.
- Heat the oil, dip the koftas in the batter, place in hot oil and fry until golden brown (note: koftas should be evenly sized and trimmed of excess batter).
- Serve hot.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.