- 1 pound of ground Lamb
- 2 small leeks, cleaned and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon raw rice
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- salt & pepper
- 1 ˝ cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- Mix the ground Lamb with the leeks, rice, eggs, oil, cilantro and salt & pepper to taste. Form balls the size of walnuts. (If you have a cookie scoop, use this and you will get uniform sized meatballs.)
- Place the meatballs in a large saucepan with the chicken stock and simmer for 20 minutes, adding water if necessary. Drain the meatballs and cool.
- Roll the meatballs in flour and melt the butter or margarine in a large skillet. When the butter is hot, add the meatballs and saute for 5 to 6 minutes, until nicely browned.
- Pour the apricot Sauce on the Kofta and serve. Makes 4 main dish servings.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.