- 1 large Chicken in pieces
- water to cover
- 3 handfuls of noodles (vermicelli)
- salt to taste
- some milk
- 1 egg
- juice of 1 lemon
- chopped parsley
- Clean and wash the Chicken thoroughly.
- Place in large pot and cover well with hot water, add salt to taste and bring to boil.
- Remove all scum from top just before boiling point is reached.
- Boil the Chicken until it is tender. Remove from stock.
- Add vermicelli to the boiling stock and cook till tender.
- Meanwhile, remove and chop white meat and add back to stock.
- When done, remove from heat and add some milk.
- In a bowl beat an egg and juice of one lemon well.
- Very carefully, add a ladleful of stock mix to the egg and lemon mix stirring constantly, (almost drop by drop to prevent curdling).
- Continue mixing in the stock mix to the egg mix several times being careful.
- Then pour the egg mix back into the remaining stock stirring so as not to curdle.
- You can now add more lemon as desired and some chopped parsley.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.