- Ethnicity - Marathi, West Indian
- Type of meal - Party, Lunch, Dinner
- ½ kg mutton, cleaned, cubed
- 4 large potatoes, peeled, halved
- 3 tomatoes
- 2 large onions, chopped
- ½ coconut, grated
- 8 cloves
- 8 peppercorns
- 6 red chillies
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp poppy seeds (khas khas)
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp aniseeds (saunf)
- 1 cup oil
- salt to taste
- Add salt, turmeric and ginger-garlic paste to the meat pieces.
- Mix well and reserve for 1 hour.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil and add cloves, peppercorn, poppy seeds, coriander seeds, aniseeds and red chillies.
- Add onion and brown.
- Add coconut, tomatoes and brown.
- Grind to a paste and reserve.
- Heat remaining oil in a pressure cooker and add meat and potatoes.
- Stir fry till brown.
- Add masala.
- Paste and salt.
- Add water if needed and pressure cook till meat is soft.
- Remove from the cooker into a serving pot.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with chapaties.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.