Description[edit | edit source]
Stuffed courgettes with egg and lemon sauce
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1½ kilo large courgettes
- 1/2 kilo minced beef
- 1/2 cup of rice (soup rice, like Carolina)
- 2 onions
- olive oil
- 1 small bunch of dill
- salt, pepper
Directions[edit | edit source]
- Scrape and wash the courgettes.
- Remove a slice from the small side, empty the courgettes by using a spoon or a special kitchen tool.
- Mix the mince, the rice, the finely chopped onions and chopped dill in a bowl.
- Fill the courgettes with the mixture.
- Put them in a saucepan together with the olive oil and add enough water to almost cover them.
- Cook for about ¾ of an hour.
- Prepare the avgolemono sauce, pour it over the courgettes and shake the pan gently over low heat until the sauce thickens. Do not boil.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.