Fruit kompot with spirits
- 3 cups water
- 1 lb mixed dried fruit (pears, figs, apricots and peaches)
- 1 cup pitted prunes
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 cup pitted sweet cherries
- 2 apples, peeled, sliced
- ½ cup cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 6 cloves, whole
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 orange
- ½ cup grapes, pomegranate seeds or pitted plums
- ¾ cup brandy
- Combine water, mixed dry fruits, prunes, and raisins in a pot large enough to hold all the ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, cover and then simmer for about 20 minutes (or until the fruit is plump and tender).
- Add cherries, apples, and cranberries.
- Stir in sugar, lemon, and spices.
- Cover and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Grate orange peel and set aside.
- Peel and section the orange (removing the skin and white membrane).
- Add to fruits in kettle.
- Stir in grapes and brandy.
- Bring just to boiling and then remove from heat.
- Stir in the orange peel, cover and let stand 15 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.