Yield: 6 servings
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 8 cups chicken broth (preferably homemade)
- 2 tbsp garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp ginger, finely grated
- ½ cup rice
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 – 2 tsp hot chile paste
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- In small dry skillet, toast sesame seeds over medium-high heat, shaking often, until lightly browned and aromatic, about 1 minute.
- Transfer to small bowl and set aside.
- In large pot, combine chicken broth, garlic and ginger; bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add rice, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until the rice is tender, 12–15 minutes.
- Stir in soy sauce and sesame oil; add chile paste to taste.
- Add chicken and heat until just warmed through.
- Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with scallions and the reserved sesame seeds.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.