She geum chi Namul (Seasoned Spinach)
In Korea, every restaurant serves this as a side dish because its so easy to make -- and cheap. What spinach you don't use for the side dish can be saved and served as a cold midnight snack with mayonaisse. While growing up in Hawaii, I would kill any leftover spinach.
- 1 bunch spinach (she geum chi)
- 1 tb soy sauce
- 1 tb sesame oil
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- salt to taste
- Wash spinach very thoroughly.
- Bring pot of water to boil.
- Blanch the spinach by putting it in boiling water for 1 minute.
- Remove and rinse in cold running water. Squeeze out excess water.
- Chop spinach coarsely and place in a bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix by hand. Taste and add salt if needed.