- 1 cup(s) dried prunes.
- 1 cup(s) dried Turkish apricots.
- 1 cup(s) dried small figs halved
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Raisins.
- 1 cup(s) Sugar (more if you like it sweet.)
- 2 1/2 cups of boiling water
- Put all the fruits in a container, sprinkle the Sugar on to of it and pour the water over it. Cover the container and let the khoshaf cool down and then refrigerate. Khoshaf is best when left overnight or for several hours before serving. Samiha Ragab
- For a little variation on my friend Samiha's recipe:
- Add a little bit of amar-el-deen in the boiling water. (Amar-el-deen should be liquidy).
- Add hazel nuts, almonds and pine seeds (nuts should be slightly browned, either with a few drops of oil, or without).
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.