- 1 cup brown lentils
- 1 cup rice
- 1 cup uncooked macaroni (orzo, small shells or elbow macaroni)
- 2 large onions, diced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- hot chili powder or sauce
- Cook the lentils in salted water until tender and strain. Cook the rice in salted water until tender and drain. Also cook the macaroni, rinse and strain.
- Place lentils, rice and macaroni in a cooking pot. Fry onions in the oil until browned, then drain the onions on absorbent paper towel and strain the oil into the lentil mixture. Return to the cooking surface and cook for 7–10 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent sticking and burning.
- Place mixture on each plate and top with tomato sauce, onions and sprinkle with hot chili powder or sauce if desired.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.