- Ethnicity - Marathi, West Indian
- Type of meal - Party, Lunch, Dinner
- 1 cup wheat flour (aata), sieved
- 1 cup gram flour (besan), sieved
- ½ cup peanuts, coarsely pounded
- 2 tbsp white sesame seeds (til)
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 3 cups coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp soda bicarb
- oil as needed
- salt to taste
- Mix flours, sesame seeds, coriander leaves, peanut powder, chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, soda bicarb, ginger-garlic paste, sugar and salt.
- Add water and make a thick paste.
- Heat 2 tbsps oil and add to the paste.
- Grease a deep platter and spread the paste evenly.
- Steam for 15 minutes in an idli steamer or pressure cooker, without using the weight.
- Remove and cool.
- Cut into diamond shaped pieces.
- Heat oil and deep fry these pieces.
- Serve hot with green chutney.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.