Stuffed grape leaves or dolmas
- 50 grape leaves
- 500g (18 oz) mutton or beef
- 500g onions
- 50g (2 oz) butter
- spices to taste
- Put the meat through a meat-grinder and combine well with sliced onions, salt, red and black pepper.
- Rinse off the young grape leaves in cold water and place flattened on the work surface.
- Put a small amount of the meat filling in each leaf and secure roll with thread.
- Place dolmas, weighted, in tight rows in a large pot, add water, butter, and spices.
- Cook on low heat 25 minutes.
- Serve 8 – 10 dolmas on a plate and pour broth over the top.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.