- 1 kg (2¼ lb) rice
- 500 g mutton or beef
- 1 kg (36 oz) carrots
- 4 onions
- 350 g vegetable oil
- cayenne pepper to taste
- Heat oil until white smoke appears.
- Add sliced onions and sear in oil until reddish-brown.
- Cut meat in pieces and saute with onions.
- After a few minutes put in carrot strips and cook until golden.
- Add water, salt, spices and stew for 20 – 25 minutes.
- Add rice and more water, just 1 – 1.5 cm above surface of rice.
- Cook uncovered until water evaporates.
- Cover and cook on low heat 20 – 25 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.