Stuffed vine leaves
- 30 fresh or tinned vine leaves
- ¼ kilo of minced pork
- ¼ kilo of minced beef
- 2 tbsp of finely cut parsley
- 2 tbsp finely cut onion
- 1 tsp dry mint
- ¼ cup of rice
- 2 cups of ripe, peeled tomatoes, finely cut
- salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp of lemon juice
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 cups of hot meat broth or water
- ¼ cup of corn oil
- Wash the vine leaves, boil in salted boiling water for 5 minutes and drain.
- In a saucepan heat the corn oil, fried the half of the tomatoes until soft and remove saucepan from heat.
- Mix the rest of tomatoes with the stuffing ingredients, knead well and leave for 15 minutes, to rest.
- Place a vine leaf on a surface.
- Take a teaspoon of stuffing, place it on leave near the steam, fold the two edges and roll it firmly, into a tubular shape.
- Arrange rolls or “koupepia” in rows in the saucepan on the fried tomatoes and on top place a heavy soup plate.
- Pour enough hot water or broth to cover the plate and simmer “koupepia” for one hour until juice is absorbed.
- Serve “koupepia” hot or cold with fresh vegetables.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.