Almond wreath cake
- Serves 6
- 250 g finely ground blanched almonds
- 250 g unblanched almonds
- 500 g sifted confectioner's sugar
- 3 egg whites
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Combine almonds and confectioner's sugar in a large saucepan.
- Add the unbeaten egg white and mix.
- Place the pan over low heat and knead.
- Grease the ring pans for a 16 – 18 ring cake.
- Spoon the dough into a cookie press with a wide round tip.
- Press the dough into the rings.
- Bake 12 – 15 minutes.
- Cool slightly, then remove from the pans and cool completely.
- For the icing, sift the confectioner's sugar and combine with egg white to make a thick icing.
- Make a small cone of paper and cut off the tip.
- Pipe on garlands of icing and stack.
- Decorate with flags, bonbons or candy.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.