- 1 small whole stalk of celery, cut in small pieces, about 2 cups
- 2 onions, peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley leaves
- 3 tbsp oil, (I use corn or peanut oil)
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and cut in small cubes
- 1 mild pepperoni sausage cut into 2 inch chunks
- ¼ tsp black peppercorns
- 4 bay leaves
- 2 quarts of water
- 3 tbsp of good white vinegar
- 6 raw eggs
- ½ pint of sour cream
- 1 tsp salt (celery and the vinegar are naturally salty)
- In soup pot, sauté celery and onions in oil until limp.
- Add to soup pot parsley, potatoes, pepperoni chunks, pepper corns, bay leaves and 2 quarts of water.
- Simmer slowly for at least one hour, until potatoes are soft.
- Add the 3 tbsp of vinegar.
- Taste and if soup does not have enough salt, add to taste.
- While soup is simmering, break 6 raw eggs, one egg at a time, into the pot.
- Space them so they will cook to a firm stage, without touching one another.
- Do not stir soup!.
- Serve soup, eggs and chunks of sausage in each soup plate.
- Put a heaping tablespoon of sour cream in each plate.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.