- 1¾ litres vodka
- 3 cups honey
- 3 cups water
- 2½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 8 cinnamon sticks
- 8 whole cloves
- peel of one whole orange
- Boil water and honey. Carefully remove the foam.
- Add all remaining ingredients except Vodka. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Allow mixture to cool slightly. When cooled add the Vodka and stir until well mixed.
- Add everything including solids to a suitable container, I usually distribute into two containers splitting solids evenly.
- Store in a cool dark place for one week. The longer this sits the better the flavor will be.
- Serve room temperature, chilled or even warmed. Just serve it often.
- For Storage, you just can't beat the green Grolsch beer bottle. I always save mine for this purpose as well as making the flavored Olive oils that everyone enjoys. If you go to the bigger Liquor stores, you can find the 50-ounce Grolsch bottles. This recipe will nearly fill both of them. The 12 ounce bottles also make a great gift for those close friends that you may want to share with.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.