- Makes 3 – 4 servings
- 0.7 lbs (320 g) beef (with or without bones)
- 1.5 lbs (700 g) red beets
- 0.5 lbs (200 g) cabbage
- 0.5 lbs (200 g) potatoes
- 0.2 lbs (100 g) carrots
- 0.7 ounces (20 g) parsley
- 3 onions
- 0.2 ounces (5 g) garlic
- 2 ounces (50 g) tomato paste or 2 tomatoes
- 0.5 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 0.5 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 bay leaf
- 2.5 ounces (75 g) red bell pepper or 1 pepper
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 0.5 teaspoon dill
Preparing meat broth Edit
- Put beef into a large saucepan and cover with 1.2 gallons (4.5 l) cold water.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat.
- Remove the grease and froth from the broth surface with a spoon.
- Add one onion.
- Cook at low heat for 1 – 2 hours.
- If beef is with bones, filter the broth.
Simmering red beets Edit
- Melt 1 tablespoon margarine in a saucepan.
- Cut red beets into sticks and add them into the cooking pot.
- Add sugar, tomato paste or sliced tomato, 0.13 gallons (0.5 l) meat broth.
- Simmer at low heat for 1.5 hours.
- Add vinegar.
Pan-frying vegetables Edit
- Melt 1 tablespoon margarine in a frying pan.
- Add chopped onions and carrots cut into sticks.
- Cover and saute at low heat 250°F (120°C) for 15 – 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Heat broth to boiling.
- Add chopped cabbage and potatoes cut into bars.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add saute and cook another 10 minutes.
- Add bell pepper cut into sticks and simmered red beets.
- Cook another 5 minutes.
- Add salt, black pepper, and grated garlic.
- Served with chopped dill and sour cream.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.