This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Poe Estate in Justin, Texas in 1987.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 10 pounds red potatoes
- 1 pound bacon
- 1 large onion chopped
- 5 eggs beaten
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- In a bowl grate peeled potatoes and set aside.
- Dice bacon and sauté with onion until bacon is slightly crispy.
- Drain most of drippings then add to potatoes and combine well.
- Stir in eggs and mix well then add seasonings.
- Add enough flour to bind and thicken mixture.
- Grease rectangular dish and pour in mixture then bake at 350°F for 2 hours.
- Cut into squares and serve with sour cream.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.