Lithuanian grated potato kugel
- 5 lbs red potatoes
- 1 large onion
- 8 eggs
- 2 tbsp farina
- 1 can (large) evaporated milk
- 1 lb bacon
- 1 stick butter, melted
- salt to taste
- Peel and grate potatoes, into large bowl. (Do not drain).
- Dice Bacon and Onion, saute on low heat until bacon is done and onion is clear.
- Add melted butter. Mix.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- To grated potatoes add 4 unbeaten eggs, bacon, onion and butter, evaporated milk, salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix well. Pour into lightly greased 13½ x 9½ inch pan.
- Bake at 400°F for 15 minutes.
- Lower temperature to 350°F and bake 1 hour or until browned.
- Cut in squares. Serve with sour cream.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.