- 10 large potatoes (about 5 lbs)
- 1 medium onion
- 5 slices bacon
- 2 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp flour
- ½ cup hot milk or evaporated milk
- Peel potatoes.
- Grate potatoes and onion fine.
- Dice bacon and fry until crisp.
- Pour fat and bacon over potatoes.
- Add hot milk then add eggs, one at a time and beat after each addition.
- Add pepper and salt and flour; mix well.
- Pour into greased heavy skillet or pan.
- Bake at 400°F for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 375°F and bake 45 minutes longer.
- Cut into squares.
- Serve hot with sour cream.
- Bake until it is golden brown and crisp.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.