- 2 lbs potatoes
- ¼ cup potato starch (½ cup flour can be substituted)
- 1 small onion
- 2 eggs
- salt, pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- a carrot or 2, just for color
- Traditionally, the potatoes are peeled and grated and the onion chopped fine.
- Then, the egg/salt/pepper are mixed in along with the milk and baking powder.
- Sometimes add a carrot or 2, just for color.
- Pour batter into a greased baking dish.
- Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes to one hour.
- Allow baked casserole to "set up" for about 15 minutes after removing from oven.
- Slice kugelis in squares or wedges and serve with a dollop of sour cream.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.