Samsa with greens
- 1 kg or 7½ cups flour
- 2 cups water
- 2 eggs
- 60 g or ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 kg (4½ lb) mixed greens (clover, mint, coriander, etc.)
- 100 g (3 oz) mutton fat
- 2 bundles (6 oz) green onions
- 4 onions
- cumin, salt and pepper to taste
- For the filling, combine finely chopped greens with chopped onions, cubed fat, salt and spices.
- To make dough, add water and salt to sifted flour, let stand for 30 – 40 minutes.
- Cut dough into 50 g (1 – 2 oz) pieces and roll out each piece into small flat rounds.
- Place a spoonful of filling in the center, pinch edges closed around the filling, and form a ball.
- Bake 30 – 40 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.