Kukkad tawe da. This delicacy is also known as tawa chicken but what ever you say if you are having taste buds working and a spice digesting liver you are always welcomed by this dish.
- Contributed by: monty 11:00, 17 March 2007 (MST)
- Please response back @firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 chicken (with bones), cut into 8 pieces
- 200 g clarified butter (ghee)
- salt to taste
- red chili powder to taste
- 1 tsp green chili paste
- 2 tsp cumin, cardamom, fennel seeds, cinnamon and mace roasted together and ground fine
- 2 chopped onions
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 50 g hung yoghurt (paneer?)
- marinate chicken with salt, green chili paste, yoghurt, ½ cumin etc powder, ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder and 50 g clarified butter fo 2 hours at least.
- in a wok add the chicken with the marination and cook till half done without adding any thing in it.
- on an iron girdle (tawa) put the ghee (clarified butter) and roast the onions till pink.
- now add tomatoes and a pinch of salt with red chilly powder.
- fry till almost done.
- now add chicken to it and the cumin etc powder and cook till chicken is done.
- add coriander leaves and serve hot with naan.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.