- 2 x 3 lb chickens, cut into pieces
- 5 inches fresh ginger, grated, or 2 tbsp ground ginger
- 20 small cloves garlic
- 2 hot chile peppers or 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- ⅓ cup clarified butter
- 1 bunch of fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 tbsp whole cumin seeds, pounded
- 4 – 6 cups coconut milk
- 1 cup coconut cream
- Wash the chicken and pat it dry.
- Pound the ginger, garlic, chilies, and curry powder with a mortar and pestle, or puree in a blender or food processor.
- In a small skillet, saute the onions in oil for 4 – 5 minutes, then add the spice puree and simmer.
- Braise the chicken in butter in a large skillet or stew pot.
- When the chicken pieces are golden brown, transfer the onion/puree mixture to the chicken pot.
- Add coriander, cumin, and coconut oil, and cook until the chicken is tender.
- Pour coconut cream over the chicken, remove pot from heat, and let stand until ready to serve.
- To eat, spoon over rice.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.