Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: The Complete Idiot's Guide to Terrific Diabetic Meals
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1 ½ tbsp. hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp. dry sherry
- 1 tsp. granulated sugar, brown or white only 
- 1 tsp. chili paste
- 3 tbsp. chili oil, optional
- 1 egg white
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 lb. medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- ½ tsp. fresh, grated ginger root
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ cup unsalted, dry-roasted peanuts
- In a small, fresh bowl, combine hoisin sauce, sherry, sugar, chili paste, and chili oil (optional).
- Mix well and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine egg white and cornstarch. Beat well.
- Add shrimp and mix well to coat. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet or a wok over medium-high heat. Add shrimp, ginger, and garlic.
- Cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp are opaque-pink then well coated. Add the hoisin-sauce mixture.
- Just mix with peanuts and serve. Have the white rice ready on the plate.
- ↑ Use your favorite substitute to cut down on the sugar. Take care, Gloria.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving (4 ounces):
- 236 Calories | 25g Protein | 5g Carbs | 1g Dietary Fiber | 10g Fat | 172mg Cholesterol | 223mg Sodium
- Exchanges: 3 Lean Meat | 2 Fat | 1/2 Fruit
- Glycemic Index: 28
- Glycemic Load: 1
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.