Flat bread with sesame and poppy seeds
- 1 kg or 7½ cups flour
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 30 g (1 oz) yeast
- 10 g (½ oz) sesame and poppy seeds
- Add the lukewarm water and flour, ½ cup at a time.
- If necessary, beat in is as much of the remaining ½ cup of flour as you need to make a dough that does not stick to your fingers.
- Gather the dough into a large, compact ball.
- Divide dough into 150 – 200 g (5 – 7 oz) pieces and roll into balls.
- Recipe is identical to Obi-non, except make the dough a little less stiff and allow to rise an extra 25 – 30 minutes.
- Flatten into round bread, 2 – 3 cm (¾ – 1 inch) at edges and 5 mm (3/16 inch) in the center.
- Stamp patterns on top, scatter with sesame and poppy seeds, and bake in a tandoor oven.
- Sprinkle water on the underside and bake in a tandoor.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.