A spicy Persian salad that is served warm with a sprinkling of herbs. You can use chickpeas, or a variety of other beans in this dish.
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted cumin seeds
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ inch fresh ginger, grated
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 2 cups canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained (may substitute black beans, kidney beans, or white beans)
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.