- 40 dag chicken (old hen is better)
- 1 liter water
- salt to taste
- 1 pinch of saffron or mace
- 1 small onion
- 1 rib celery
- 2 carrots
- 1 sprig parsley
- pepper to taste
- Place chicken in soup kettle, add water and bring to a boil.
- Add salt and vegetables.
- Simmer 1–2 hours or until chicken is tender.
- If desired, a pinch of saffron or mace may be added to give it a distinct flavor.
- When ready to serve, you may add cooked noodles or rice.
- Chicken can be used plain, creamed or in salad.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.