- Ethnicity - Central India
- Type of meal - Party, Lunch, Dinner
- ½ large katori (½ cup) sooji (semolina)
- 1 large katori (about 1 cup) powdered sugar
- ½ large katori (½ cup) badam (almonds, ground)
- ½ large katori (about ½ cup) khismish (raisins)
- 3 tbsp dried coconut, grated
- ½ tsp elaichi powder
- 3 – 4 tbsp ghee
- Make a stiff-ish dough from the flour, ghee and water. Roll out small circles.
- Separately fry sooji in the ghee. Add Raisins, badam and elaichi powder. Allow it to cool.
- Place a small quantity of the stuffing — about 3 tsp — in the centre of each circle. Fold in half and edge with a fork.
- Deep fry on medium heat till pink not red.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.