- Serves 4.
- 200 grams blanched almonds
- 200 grams plain flour, sifted
- 250 grams caster sugar
- 1 scant tsp cinnamon
- orange flower water
- grated rind of 1 lemon, 1 orange and 1 tangerine
- honey and additional almonds
- Lightly toast the almonds. Grind coarsely. Mix with the flour, Sugar, cinnamon, rinds and a little orange-flower water.
- Add just enough water to make a stiff dough.
- Knead lightly until well amalgamated and shape into ovals, approximately 17.5 cm long, 5 cm wide and 2 cm thick.
- Place on greased and floured baking trays and bake at 190°C / 375°F / gas 5 for about 20 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.