Mustard salad. "Kyujachae" is cold vegetable salad and the hot mustard imparts its main flavour. The steps to make this dish are similar to those of the Western salad
- ¼ lb ham
- 1 cucumber
- ¼ pear
- ½ carrot
- 1 squid
- ¼ lb jellyfish
- 5 chestnuts
- 1 egg
- 7 tbsp dry mustard
- 3 tbsp pine nuts
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp. salt
- ½ cup vinegar
- ½ cup water
- Cut the ham, cucumber, and carrot and egg sheets into the same strips.
- Peel and cut the pear into thin strips.
- Soak it in the sugar water.
- Slice the chestnut thinly.
- Slice squid into strips, scald and then cool.
- Rinse the jellyfish to remove the salt water and scald it in water at 140°F.
- Cut the jellyfish into strips and mix it with the vinegar and sugar.
- Stir boiling water into the mustard until it becomes a smooth paste and let it stand in hot temperature using microwave.
- When the mustard is complete, add the soy sauce, sugar, vinegar, water, and salt and mix well.
- Grind the pine nuts adding the above mustard mixture.
- Arrange the prepared vegetables and sauce.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.