White Fish on Black-eyed peas (Senegal). L'Assiette des Assiettes means "the dish of dishes." In Senegal the term is used to refer to the appetizer of appetizers
- 1 bed of lettuce
- 3 Tbs. cooked Black-Eyed Peas
- 3-inch square piece cooked fish (Haddock or Halibut) on the Peas
- 2 tomato slices
- 3 cucumber slices
- 1 or 2 pieces hearts of palm
- 1/2 hard-boiled egg
- bottle tomato catsup
- 1 tsp. worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 3 Tbs. sugar
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped finely
- Arrange 1 bed of lettuce.
- Place 3 Tbs. cooked black-eyed peas in center of plate.
- Place a 3-inch square piece cooked fish (Haddock or Halibut) on the Peas.
- Surround with: tomato, cucumber, hearts of palm, and egg
- Mask the fish with the following dressing (enough for 8 portions):
- Combine tomato catsup, worcestershire sauce, white vinegar, Sugar, and onion
- Chill thoroughly before serving.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.