Lisa's spiced chocolate cake
- 500 g flour
- 350 g sugar
- 250 g margarine or butter
- 2 eggs
- 3 tsp ground cloves
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp dark cocoa
- as needed milk
- Cream together the sugar and softened margarine or butter.
- Mix in the eggs.
- Sift the flour with the spices, baking soda and cocoa.
- Add to the margarine mix, one tablespoonful at a time.
- Alternate with splashes of milk, and mix well in between (dough should be medium thick).
- Pour into cake tins and bake at 190°C until firm.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.