Always check the ingredients to make sure the product is vegan.
- ¼ cup (½ stick) soy margarine
- 1 large leek (white and pale green parts only), thinly sliced
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 4 large potatoes (about 2¼ pounds), peeled, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 2 large carrots, peeled, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 4 cups un-chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill or 1 tablespoon dried
- ¾ cup soymilk
- 4 ounces Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese
- 1 cup grated soy cheddar cheese (about 3 ounces)
- chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- additional grated soy cheddar cheese (optional)
- Melt soy margarine in heavy large pot over medium heat.
- Add leek and garlic; sauté until tender but not brown, about 4 minutes.
- Add potatoes and carrots; sauté 5 minutes longer.
- Add broth and dill; simmer uncovered until vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add soymilk to soup.
- Transfer half of soup to blender.
- Add cream cheese and blend until smooth.
- Return soup to pot.
- Add 1 cup grated soy cheddar cheese and stir over low heat.
- Season soup to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to large serving bowl.
- Garnish soup with chopped fresh parsley and additional grated soy cheddar cheese, if desired.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.