Milk of almonds
- 1¼ cups whole blanched almonds
- 9 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 or 4 drops of almond extract
- 2 teaspoons rose or orange-blossom water, or to taste
- Grind the almonds as finely as possible in the food processor (do not buy them already ground).
- Add about 3 cups of the water and blend very thoroughly for several minutes.
- Pour into a saucepan, add the sugar, and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for a minute or two, then add the almond extract.
- Pour the rest of the water in, and leave to macerate overnight.
- Strain into a jug through a fine sieve or cheesecloth.
- Add rose or orange-blossom water and chill, covered, in the refrigerator.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.